Tuesday, August 19, 2008

jet lag



its almost 3am.  Paris seem deceivingly sleeping.  All her 20th arias spiraled around her heart are pounding to different rhythm.  Vibrating speakers to electric bits or crying saxophones, clinking utensils and glasses, cars horns and motorcycles engines, movies , plays, late night construction digging at the winding streets expending, fixing, connecting -- all in unison and all so separated. 

I can almost touch the loud and soft sounds, the harsh and gentle movements enveloping the old and proud monuments -- standing erect for hundreds and thousands years -- as if always ready to the perfect shot in the perfect spot light.

Here in the 17Th zone of Paris, the more tame and quite area, where the night belongs to the dreamers and the bars to the few, I sit in my new apartment looking out -- listening in -- rubbing my red eyes still, waiting for my body to land. 

I use the screen light of this lap top as my main light though I think I am able to recognize the same dim light from few other windows with open wooden shades and flowers at the its bottoms.  I wonder what they -- the parisians -- think about in these hours.  

Do we all have they same thoughts, same feelings only in different words and different arrangements -- so much is waiting to be learned, so much to dis-cover.   

I miss you my friends -- the night seem long-- there is no Tilden walk tomorrow or Yoko to snuggle with but great smell of coffee and croissant coming from the downstairs bakery soon.


 

6 comments:

aylatan said...

hey sweetie,

i think this is where you are going to write your book. your poet's muse is coming forth. So nice to hear your soul speaking. I can feel paris through your words. Miss you in boring california.

love ev

Tali said...

thank you sweetheart you are so encouraging
you are always rooting for people -- its your generosity that comes forth
always
i love you

aylatan said...

tali,

andrea wants to join your blog. I will send you her email address. Great shots of you and adam.

love ev

oldman said...

Tali, you sound so excited and happy, as does Adam! Paris is such a wonderful city to see, smell, hear and taste. Your expression has revived fond memories of visits we made in the past.
We hope your family will be making many good memories you all can cherish.
Love to all, Syd and Lee

Maggie said...

Tali Sweetie,

You are all looking so happy, I love all of the pictures and could almost hear Adam's shriek of approval! Great to read your poetry, and to be along on your wonderful adventure through your blog. So many discoveries ahead for all of you.
love you,
Maggie

Tali said...

Dearst Maggie,
Great to be in close touch with you.
Hope you had nice time in the east and your dad is doing well.
My love to Isabela, Tim and you